Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chinese Umbrellas

On Thursday one of our Ilam School International Ambassadors, She She Huang, made a speech to the staff about Chinese Umbrellas. She did an amazing job, and the staff all learned something new about something that is special about China. Here is She She's speech:



Hello, my name is She She. Today I’m going to talk about my country, China.
China is a very big country and they have many festivals, such as Chinese New Year and the Chinese Lantern Festival, but today I’m going to talk about the umbrellas; China’s olden day umbrellas.
They usually had a small painting on it or had pictures printed on them. In the olden days they used them for shade or to look pretty since it hardly ever rained in most parts of China. Even so, they normally have a coat of oil which smells very bad but protects the umbrella from breaking in the rain. The handle on the umbrella is made from pure bamboo and there is not one piece of plastic on this umbrella.
This is only one of the many things about China, but I still hope you learned something about my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment