Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Kirsten's year 3 writing group read the funny story 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs'. We imagined what it would be like if food really did come down from the sky! We wrote stories about it, by choosing a food that we like. We also picked a kind of weather to include in our stories. See if you can spot it in each story!



I was watering my plants in the garden when something squashed on my head.  I looked and it was round. Sushi was tumbling down from the sky. Hundreds of pieces of sushi came down from the sky like snow. I could hear rumbling as the sushi hit the ground.  I felt happy because we can eat sushi forever!
By Benit

I was playing on the swings in the playground when a sweet light brown donut fell onto my plate.  Hundreds of donuts dropped down. I couldn’t see anything! I felt scared because I couldn’t see through the fog of donuts.
By Genevieve

I was walking on the court at school when long cobs of corn tumbled from the lightning in the sky.  I heard the lightning sizzle as the yellow corn dropped like a huge rock onto the concrete, I felt brave because it was exciting to have an adventure!
By Yamato

I was looking at the plants in the garden when a tomato tornado storm came to the garden.  The red tomato was all squashy and flat on the ground and the tomato tornado squashed all the plants. The tomato tornado made all the plants a mess .I felt very unhappy because all the plants fell down. It was a very big mess.
By Elvis

I was walking down the road when a soft chocolate cake bumped me on the head. I saw lots of cake in the road. It was coming from in the sky! I felt scared because the cake might squash me!
By Inah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment